This is the last post of a series which describes how to deploy the downloadable VHD for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations as an Azure VM. If you want to read the previous post, please use the following navigation:
Because this is the last post of this series I want to highlight some pros and cons of the azure hosted downloadable VHD for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
- Higher bandwidth to other azure hosted components like LCS, Azure Storage …
- Easy scale up and down e. g. in case you need more disk space you can easily adjust the space.
- In case you haven a MSDN subscription assigned, you can use this budget for a development environment.
- Easy setup of new environments using PowerShell.
- Advanced management and monitoring features via the Azure portal.
- Slower compile speed in comparison to the on-prem hosted VM.
- Because your VM is “public” available it is more likely that you a potential victim of hackers and you have to protected your VM with the available features of Azure.
- The URL of the environment is not accessible from outside the VM. For this reason, the environment is only usable as a development environment (that´s not a difference to an on-prem hosted VMs).
- You cannot use LCS to apply deployable packages (that´s not a difference to an on-prem hosted VMs).